Monday, September 16, 2013

Manananngal Vampire Sighting - Fact or Fiction?

I haven't been around much because I've been writing like a freak. Currently, I've been focusing on the third book in my Díon series called "Where Will You Turn?"

One of the things that I love about this series is that I get to use creatures from actual lore. I thought it would seem more realistic if there were sightings and reports of the paranormal beings I use in my books, so I spend a lot of time researching monster stories from different areas of the world, and there are some seriously scary things out there.

I tried to include a variety of paranormal beings on Raith's Díon team. One of the team members is Amihan (Ami for short) is a Manananngal. These creatures are deeply rooted in the lore of some regions in the Philippines. They are able to spilt at the waist while sprouting huge bat wings from their torsos. They leave the lower halves of their bodies standing in a safe place, while they fly off to feed on humans. They especially like pregnant women and babies. Yuck.


While I was doing some research, I stumbled across these videos. Of course my characters are all fictional. Or are they...





2 comments:

  1. Intriguing clips, Michelle. My, you are a busy bee. Good to catch up with you. Happy writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jane! So good to see you :D Thought these might be fun with Halloween around the corner.

      Delete