Wednesday, November 13, 2013

What's on My Kindle? Kylie Scott

For my Kindle blogs, I usually post a bunch of different books I’ve been reading. I am so far behind with reviews and blogs that I’m going to change it up a little.

As an author, my evil plan is to write books that readers love so much, they come back for more. Lately, I’ve been reading authors who hooked me the same way. I want to do a series of blogs devoted to great authors with multiple books.

The first author I want to share is Kylie Scott. Her book, Lick: Stage Dive 1, was recommended to me by a friend. I got sucked in from the first page! Loved it! I went back to see what else she had to offer and found a zombie series as well.

Here are the books I’ve read so far:

Lick: Stage Dive 1

First cover


Brand spanking new cover!

I like them both :)

Evelyn goes to Vegas to celebrate her 21st birthday with her best friend. She wakes up in the morning with a monster hangover, and a huge diamond ring on her finger. Apparently, she married the hot, half naked, tattooed guy in her room, who just happens to be a famous rock star . . . too bad she’s a country fan and doesn’t know who he is. He thinks they’ve really connected and had a life changing night together, but she doesn’t remember a thing. Love it! This story is packed full of humor, and I totally fell in love with her characters. The sex scenes are incredibly steamy, so it’s definitely for mature audiences. This woman can write, people.

Since I loved Lick so much, I went back to see what else she had written and was happy to see several more books. The ones that caught my eye were Flesh and Skin, two books in a zombie series. Think of them as The Walking Dead: Australia.

Get Lick: Stage Dive 1 at:


Flesh



Flesh is the first book in the series. Ali has been hiding in a friend’s house since the zombie apocalypse, but she’s running out of food. On one of her foraging trips, she runs into Daniel, a former construction worker. Unable to trust anyone in this new world, she tries to get away from him, but he isn’t having any of it. He’s just happy to find another survivor, and a hot female one at that. Sparks begin to fly as they find comfort in one another, but they get careless, and Finn saves their lives. Finn, a cop before the zombies took over, has been shadowing them for awhile and wants to join them. Wow, this book had me fanning myself on several occasions. Ali is one lucky girl, that’s all I’m going to say.

Get Flesh at:


Skin

(I wanna lick this cover)

The second book in the series picks up soon after Flesh ends and follows a minor character from that book, Nick. He’s been watching a group of survivors holed up in a school. Nick has his sights set on Roslyn, so he offers the group a truck load of supplies in exchange for her. She feels betrayed when the majority of the group agrees to the trade and sends her packing. Nick is practical and sees his ability to provide for and protect Roslyn as an even exchange for sexual favors and companionship. Roslyn doesn’t see it that way at all and decides to escape the first chance she gets. This book was just as crazy as the first. It was impossible to put down. I was pleasantly surprised when their paths crossed with Ali, Daniel, and Finn in a shocking, cliff hanger ending that has me dying to read the next one!

Get Skin at:


Kylie Scott is a fabulous writer, and she has several other books available that I’m going to be checking out.

Here’s her info!

3 comments:

  1. I could not agree more!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Kylie Scott

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I started reading books by Kylie Scott and find them intriguing, with refreshing characters. And when I read your blog, I can't help but want more of her books. But I have this question: when I read "Flesh", its similarities with the Walking Dead TV series stood out. It made me really curious as to which came first, or if Kylie Scott somehow assisted in writing the TV series' plot?
    It got me thinking that since you have an insider's take on great authors like Kylie Scott, you may have an idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry I missed your comment!! The Walking Dead comic has been out for awhile, and the television series came out a few years before Flesh. My guess is, Kylie sees things that capture her imagination (like The Walking Dead), and she starts thinking..."What if..."

      Delete