Monday, February 18, 2013

What's on My Kindle? February 2013


As usual, I am completely behind with my reviews, but I wanted to give some love to the great books I have read lately. Here they are in no particular order.


How to Make a Website or Blog Without Coding Using WordPress by Mike Omar - If you read my blog about making my website, then this book will sound familiar to you. This book gives perfect step-by-step instructions to make your own website. So easy, even I could do it.



Forever Me by Thomas Amo - This is a great Y.A. book that, on the outside, seems like a book about bullying in high school, but turns out to be so much more.


Riftglade by K. R. Jordan - This book was full of gorgeous imagery. K. R. Jordan is a true wordsmith, and this amazing love story reads more like an epic poem.


A Splash of Hope by Charity Parkerson - What a fun romance this was. The lead characters were not at all what I expected. Loved the underlying story of recovering from family trauma.

I generally stick to genres I like because I don't have a lot of time to read, so I want to focus on something I know I will enjoy. However, recently I branched out a bit after some fellow authors had deviated from their preferred genres to read my books.


The Duke's Trumpet by Claire E. Smith - I don't really watch Dr. Who, but I really liked this time travel book. It reminded me of sitting around a campfire and listening to a great story teller weave a tale that made everyone want to return the next night to find out what happens. I'm looking forward to the next book in this series.


Shadows of the Realm (The Circle of Talia) - I avoid epic fantasy almost as much as sci-fi, but I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised by this book. I got attached to the characters, and even stayed up really late one night when two of the characters were trying to escape from the bad guys, and I couldn't sleep until I found out whether or not they made it. Thankfully, the next book in the series is coming out soon!

Poetry:
I love poetry and try to pick up collections when I can. These books were outstanding. These two men have very different styles, but both of them write from their souls. I'm definitely going to be picking up more of their work.


Night Poems by Ben Ditmars


by Robert Zimmermann

2 comments: