Tuesday, May 7, 2013

eFestival of Words Awards - I've Been Nominated!



The other day I was going through my Facebook news feed and saw my friend Dionne Lister’s book, Shadows of the Realm, had been nominated in the YA category of the 2013 eFestival of Words Awards. This is the second annual “Best of the Independent eBook Awards.”  Finalists in each category will be chosen by the volunteer staff and then voting will be open to public. The winners will be announced during their virtual book fair scheduled for August 23-25.

Dionne also mentioned several other people who had been nominated, including me. I was completely surprised. I started going through the long list of nominees and categories, and I didn’t see my books in any of them. I was starting to think she had been mistaken when I ran across the special awards towards the bottom. I found Where Will You Run? had been nominated for The Harvey Award for the Book We Most Want to See Made into a Movie! I could not have picked a better category. I have been told by many readers that the Dion series would make great movies or even a cable television series. And I’m in the same category as I, Zombie by Hugh Howey!  That’s crazy!

It was really great to see some of my other friends being nominated as well. I was going to mention them, but the list kept growing. They are all incredibly talented, and I am honored to be included. I will keep everyone updated when it comes time to vote. It's a great opportunity for readers to get involved and vote for their favorite indie books!


6 comments:

  1. Wonderful news, Michelle. Loving the new cover art too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Michelle. That's awesome. Great new cover there, too. *raises adult beverage* Well done!

    -Jimmy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, Michelle! And thanks for mentioning me as the bearer of good tidings :)

    ReplyDelete