Monday, April 30, 2012

Lucky Seven Tag!


When I got back from vacation earlier this month, I was totally surprised to find out that I had been tagged by the very talented Lisa McFerren (@Lisas_alter_ego). It’s called the “lucky seven” tag. Check out Lisa’s lucky seven tag blog here.

So here are the rules: Open the document for your current MS/WIP (manuscript or work-in-progress) and go to page 7 or 77. Go to line 7 and copy the next 7 lines (sentences or paragraphs) and post them exactly as they are written. No changing or cheating! Then tag 7 authors and let them know.

I am currently working on the second book in my Dion series. I’ll admit I checked both page 7 and 77. I liked the lines from page 7 better, so without further ado, I give you the 7 lines from page 7 starting at line 7 from “Where Will You Hide?”


Where are you going my lovelies?” She purred.

Reinn stood in front of the children and raised his sword.

She looked at him and cocked her head to the side.

“Do you really think you can stop me Viking? All your men are dead, and you will soon join them.”

Reinn heard the children start to whimper and cry.

He felt his nephew move closer and put a little arm around his leg.


So now for the fun part, I get to get 7 other amazing writers. Can’t wait to see what they have to share!


@GeminiWitching    


@AuthorCAKunz      




@danceauthor    


@SmithEClaire     




12 comments:

  1. From even that little snippet, "Where Will You Hide" looks pretty awesome. Thanks for playing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa! And thanks for tagging me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got tagged awhile ago and really enjoyed creating the post. I love your excerpt as well, M.E. . . . it keeps the curious writing engines burning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! Send me the link to your tagged blog. Would love to read it! :)

      Delete
  4. Oh, that sounds good Michelle, I want to read it (because I don't have a queue a mile long already lol). I've done this tag thing before but I did it from the 7th page, this time I'll do the 77th, so thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for doing it Dionne! I have the same problem - a long list of books waiting. Nice problem to have thought :)

      Delete
  5. Cool snippet, my friend. Since you are the third to tag me in the past week, I will definitely play along. Next Monday should be the day...
    I hope to cross paths with you before then, but if not, until Monday!!

    -Jimmy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh, interesting snippet, Michelle. I want to know what happens next...

    ReplyDelete
  7. All VERY good authors every one! Great picks and fantastic lines from your book! :D

    ReplyDelete